Tuesday, 19 July 2011
Check it out:
Thursday, 10 March 2011
Thursday, 17 February 2011
Thursday, 20 January 2011
Late last year I remixed an AXXONN track for a compilation. That comp is now available here. The full track-lisiting is:
1. Let’s Get It Straight – Monster Monster & Saint Surly
2. Let’s Get It Straight – Little Scout
3. Perfekt Acieed – Scott Arford
4. Perfect For Placid – Jonathan Boulet
5. Mash – REStream
6. Let’s Get It Straight – Toy Balloon
7. If I Had A Heart, Fever Ray [AXXONN Remix]
8. Perfect For Acid – The Sea Shall Not Have Them
9. Let’s Get It Straight – Tape/Off
10. Let’s Get It Straight – Ambrose Chapel
My contribution is a bit more musical than some of my other work. I dunno why. It's still pretty long a dense though. It's also the first recording of mine that utilities the drone/doom synth I built for Ableton Live; something I'm still working on but also something I'm not totally in love with at the moment.
Wednesday, 19 January 2011
Monday, 17 January 2011
Been a bit quiet on here lately. Spent most of the summer working on new stuff. Gotta bake while the oven's hot. Gotta get while the getting's good. Gotta record shit into Ableton and listen to it over and over again while I still think it's a good/acceptable idea. I'm all about Redwirez impulse responses at the moment.
Doom-hell > Fender Bassman > Ableton > Redwirez Marshall Cab sims = total silence on the out side and total apocalypse rad in the headphones. My neighbours and I have never been so happy with each other.
In other news I just bought this on LP:
Tuesday, 7 December 2010
Monday, 6 December 2010
Sunday, 5 December 2010
Wednesday, 1 December 2010
The world will someday get me on some ludicrous pretext; I simply await the day that they drag me to some air-conditioned dungeon and leave me there beneath the florescent lights and sound-proofed ceiling to pay the price for scorning all that they hold dear within their little latex hearts.
–Ignatius J. Reilly
Tuesday, 30 November 2010
Monday, 29 November 2010
Sunday, 21 November 2010
Tuesday, 19 October 2010
Monday, 4 October 2010
Wednesday, 29 September 2010
Sunday, 26 September 2010
Thursday, 16 September 2010
Monday, 6 September 2010
- I'll be giving an artist presentation at this year's This Is Not Art festival in Newcastle as part of Sound Summit. My workshop will be at 4pm @ Renew Newcastle HQ (3 Thorn St). I'll be mainly talking about doom/drone and Ableton. It's going to be fun and easy-going; you don't need to be a druid or a computer person. I'll also be floating around the festival and popping up on a few panels.
- My band No Anchor will playing that night as well at The Cambridge Hotel for the TINA showcase. (We're also supporting Zeni Geva on Sept 24th up here in Brisbane = MAXIMUM HELL YES!)
- I'm working on some new stuff. I think I might put something out soon, something small and easy.
- I'm going on tour again in November.
Thursday, 2 September 2010
Monday, 9 August 2010
(a) I used to play in AXXONN and when I decided I couldn't do it anymore, I didn't want the project to end. I just couldn't do it anymore. I haven't heard the completed album but some of it is taken from a sessions Tom and I did on tour in Rotterdam at WORM studios and some of it may even hark back to pre-tour session we did at his house. I've been trying to stay out of it; partly because I like surprises; partly because I think when you leave a band it's important to not be a fucking douche about it. You just gotta get on and let other people get on. Glad Tom got on.
(b) Useless Artists is partially run by Jesse from Fans and I like the guy. I would have signed up with him too. I now think of him as the foster dad of my child, the one I abandoned.
(c) Got pretty loose when the contract was signed: